Li Zhi (1527-1602), Han nationality, was born in Quanzhou, Fujian. An official, thinker, and writer of the Ming Dynasty, he was a master of the Taizhou School. Li Zhi's first surname was Lin, and his given name was Zaizhi. Later, he changed his surname to Li, his given name was Zhi, his courtesy name was Hongfu, his nickname was Zhuowu, and his nicknames were Wenling Jushi, Baiquan Jushi, etc. During the Li Gongcheng period, he was a doctor of Imperial College, and during Wanli period he was the prefect of Yao'an. He abandoned his official position and settled in Huang'an (now Hong'an County, Hubei Province) and Zhifo Temple in Macheng, Hubei Province. When he was giving lectures in Macheng, there were thousands of followers, including many women. In his later years, he traveled between Beijing and the South, and was eventually falsely accused and imprisoned. He committed suicide in prison. His important works include "Collection of Books", "Extension of Collection of Books", "Book Burning", "Extension of Book Burning", and "Review of the Historical Outline". He has commented on "Water Margin", "The Romance of the West Chamber", "The Story of Huan Sha", "Moon Worship Pavilion", etc., Which are still popular today.